One out of three Americans has a sleep disorder which makes life miserable, whether that person is asleep or awake.
Many of these people suffer needlessly because they are unaware that a problem exists. A visit to the Metroplex Sleep Center might be ideal if you are experiencing a persistent sleeping problem that impairs your ability to perform either at work or socially, or your physician suspects that a sleeping disorder is contributing to or causing medical problems.
The center’s staff is comprised of medical professionals who are fully trained in the evaluation of sleep disorders and committed to the patient’s recovery.
The Metroplex Sleep Center offers diagnostic testing of sleep-wake disorders on an outpatient basis. Physiological responses are recorded while the patient sleeps so that the sleep-wake disorder and related medical problems can be correctly diagnosed. Professionals interpret the data and forward it to the patient’s referring physician with treatment recommendations.
Identifying the Problem
There are many types of sleep disorders, but they usually fall into one of the following major categories:
- A persistent inability to fall or stay asleep.
- Sleeping too much or sleeping at inappropriate times.
- Sleep apnea and narcolepsy are the chief causes of severe hypersomnia.
- A life-threatening disorder characterized by uncontrollable sleep attacks during the day.
- Problems that occur only during sleep or are brought about by sleep, such as nightmares, sleepwalking, sleep talking, abnormal movements and bedwetting.
- Temporary cessation or absence of breathing during sleep, causing unrefreshing sleep and excessive daytime sleepiness.
For more information about diagnosing sleep disorders, ask your physician or call the Metroplex Sleep Center at (254) 519-8452.
Are you a Sleep Study patient?
You have the option to open, print and complete the below documentation before your appointment.
Metroplex Sleep Center Patient Sleep Study Form and Instructions.pdf
Are you a Physician referring a patient for a Sleep Study?
Below is the documentation to refer a patient. Please complete and fax to 254.519.8322.
Metroplex Sleep Center Physician Referral Form.pdf