This award winning center has been recognized as the leading Wound Care Center in the nation.
The types of wounds seen in the center are:
- Diabetic/Neurotrophic UlcersPressure UlcersArterial & Venous Vascular Ulcers
- Traumatic or Surgical Wounds
- Infected or Non-healing Wounds
- Small Burns (not more than 10% total body surface area)
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is a treatment in which the patient breathes 100 percent oxygen while enclosed in a pressurized chamber at greater than normal atmospheric pressure. While breathing pure oxygen, the patient’s blood plasma becomes saturated, carrying 20 to 30 times the normal amount of oxygen to the body’s tissue. This results in the body’s natural wound-healing mechanisms - which are oxygen dependent - being able to function more efficiently.
The Metroplex Wound & Hyperbaric Center utilizes a team of professionals who are highly skilled and educated on the specialty of wound management.
The team consists of:
- A Medical Director
- Additional Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician’s Assistants and ancillary staff skilled in advanced wound management
- A Program Director who oversees the operation of the clinic
- A Clinical Coordinator who leads in the instruction of the nursing staff
- Hyperbaric Technicians who oversee the operation and safety of the HBO chambers
- The Referring Physician
Information regarding the patient’s progress, along with updated photos of the wounds, is submitted to the patient’s referring physician on an ongoing basis. The referring physician always remains an active member of the wound care management team and the patient remains under his or her care.
The center is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.