When your doctor feels that you are ready to leave the hospital he or she will authorize a hospital discharge. Please speak with your nurse about our discharge procedures. Here are few tips to make the discharge process run smoothly:
- Be sure you and/or your caregiver have spoken with a discharge planner and that you understand what services you may need after leaving the hospital.
- Verify your discharge date and time with your nurse or doctor. If you cannot leave at the time your doctor indicates, please notify your nurse so alternative arrangements can be made.
- Have someone available to pick you up.
- Check your room, bathroom, closet and bedside table carefully for any personal items.
- Retrieve any valuables you have stored in the hospital safe.
- Make sure you or your caregiver has all necessary paperwork for billing, referrals, prescriptions, etc.
- When you are ready to leave, a member of the hospital staff or a volunteer will escort you to the front entrance and help you into your car.
Wellness Educational Program
The hospital offers a variety of health education programs, screenings and special events designed to keep you well. View the online Wellness calendar or please call us at 254-519-8200 for more information.