Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is our primary concern at Metroplex.
In order to enhance the quality of care, specific visitng hours and regulations have been established.
- Visitors may not smoke or use tobacco in patient rooms or anywhere on hospital grounds.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear a shirt and shoes.
- No more than two visitors are allowed at the bedside at one time. Visitors in semiprivate rooms should be considerate of both patients. Additional visitors are allowed if you are in a private room.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Liberal visiting arrangements may be made for families of surgical patients on the day of surgery.
- Only siblings of patients and visitors over age 12 are allowed in post-partum and pediatrics.