Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is our primary concern at Metroplex.
To provide a restful and safe environment, we ask that all visitors comply with the following guidelines:
- Metroplex Health System is a tobacco-free environment. Please refrain from smoking, using tobacco products or e-cigarettes at any location on campus.
- Visiting by minors is permitted only in areas that are considered in low danger of communicable diseases. Please check in at the floor nurse’s station regarding children visitations. Minors must be accompanied by an adult visitor at all times.
- Visiting privileges may be modified or denied at the discretion of hospital administrative staff based on the patient’s needs and the safety and security needs of all patients, staff and visitors.
- Be considerate of other patients by keeping noise to a minimum.
- Refrain from visiting if you have a cold, sore throat or any contagious disease.
- Observe “No Visiting” and precaution signs before entering the room.
- Visitors in Isolation Rooms should be instructed on isolation precautions prior to entering an isolation area. Failure to comply with restrictions/isolation practices may result in visitors’ inability to visit in the future.
- Only siblings of patients and visitors over age 12 are allowed in post-partum.
General visiting hours are between 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Exceptions to general visiting hours include:
- Patients in active labor who need their family close by, with the exception of minors.
- Patients undergoing surgical procedures after normal visiting hours (however, at no time will visitors be allowed into the surgical suite).
- Unstable patients or those who are terminally ill.
Maternity Unit visiting hours are between 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. No children under 12 permitted except siblings of newborns.
Intensive Care/Critical Care Unit visiting hours are between 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. No children under 12 permitted. Quiet time 9:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m.
Behavioral Health Center visiting hours are between 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday - Friday and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on weekends and holidays. No children under 12 permitted.